Examples of Recent Successes
Students accused of sexual violence or harassment:
- University of the Pacific student hired Mr. Rose to assist in appeal of a dismissal imposed by the University. Dismissal was reduced to a suspension.
- University of California, Davis student–appeal by accuser, demanding dismissal instead of suspension. No increase in sanctions.
- Claremont Colleges student accused of Stalking, Violation of a No-Contact Order, and other offenses. Finding of No Liability. Accuser Appealed. Appeal denied.
- University of Kansas student accused of “sexual contact without (the complainant‘s) consent or engaging in behavior toward her that was severe, pervasive, and objectively offensive.”Finding of No Liability
- UC Santa Barbara student who had been dismissed by the college for Stalking hired Mr. Rose for an appeal. Request for appeal granted on all grounds submitted.
- Claremont Colleges student accused of Sexual Violence, Dating Violence, Stalking, and Harassment. No liability found at hearing or on appeal.
- UCLA student accused of Intercourse without effective consent due to intoxication. No liability found.
- UC Berkeley Student accused of Rape, Sexual Violence, Domestic Violence against his visiting under-aged girlfriend and assault of his roommate. No liability found for the main charges. Minimal sanction (non-suspension) for intercourse with a minor.
- Small Los Angeles Area private college student hired Mr. Rose for appeal after being dismissed (expelled) for multiple alleged Sexual Batteries and Harassment. Dismissal Reversed and student’s degree was confirmed.
- College of the Redwoods student accused of Sexual Violence against friend. No liability found.
- UC Berkeley student reported to police for an accusation of Rape. No criminal charges filed.
- UC San Francisco postdoctoral researcher accused of sexual battery and sexual harassment. No liability found.
- University of Southern California (USC) female student accused of Sexual Violence against a male student, and Harassment of the same student and his girlfriend. No liability found.
- Occidental College student accused of Intercourse without effective consent due to intoxication. No liability found.
- Loyola Marymount student accused of sexual assault of another student in a nightclub. No liability found.
- California State University (CSU) Chico State student accused of Sexual Violence by ex-girlfriend. No liability found.
- Stanford University student accused of violation of stay-away order. No liability found, accusation withdrawn by accuser.
- UC Irvine student hired Mr. Rose to appeal a 2-year suspension. Suspension reduced to 1 year.
- CalTech student accused of Sexual Battery in Domestic Violence Restraining Order Court case by Fuller Theological Seminary student. Case dismissed.
- UCLA medical resident accused of sexual battery of patient, found not guilty at jury trial, court declared factually innocent.
- Moorpark College student accused of rape of two female friends. No college liability and no criminal charge filed.
- UCLA student accused of accused of multiple Sexual Assaults of female student. No liablity found.
- University of Southern California (USC) student accused of harassing, unwanted sexual advances toward another student. Warning letter only.
- Claremont Colleges female student accused of Sexual Harrasment and Violating Sexual Privacy of another female student. No liability found.
- UC Berkeley student accused of Sexual Battery in Domestic Violence Restraining Order Court case. Case dismissed.
- University of Southern California (USC) student hired Mr. Rose to draft an appeal of a five-year suspension for violation of Sexual Privacy. Suspension reduced on appeal by half.
- Pepperdine University student accused of Sexual Battery of intoxicated female student. No liability found.
- University of Southern California (USC) Student accused of Stalking in Domestic Violence Restraining Order Court case ex-girlfriend. Case dismissed.
Advising students who made harassment complaints:
- El Camino College student harassed by fellow student. Domestic Violence Restraining Order issued in court.
- Lewis and Clark University student sexually harassed by ex-girlfriend. College imposed stay-away order on his harasser.
- CalTech student harassed by former friend, including cyber-bullying. Court imposed restraining order.
Faculty members accused of misconduct:
- UCLA faculty member accused of Sexual Harassment of student. No liability found.
- Los Angeles Unified School District Teacher accused of Sexual Harassment and Sexual Battery of student. Teacher re-instated without discipline, and No criminal charge filed.
- Elementary School teacher accused of sexual battery of student. Teacher reinstated. No criminal charge filed.
Alec Rose is available for free consultations. Please call (310) 877-5398, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the contact form.